Mommy Nurse Wife and 25!

Friday, June 30, 2006

28 days

This is an actual conversation I had with my husband the other day.

Donnie:
"We were watching TLC the other day at work, some show about female things, did you know that women don't have their periods for 6 days, it's actually 28 days long."

Me: (And those of you who know me, this is said in my dead serious but sarcastic voice coupled with a straight face. Yes, the same one I use on patients every day I'm at work)
"Wow, really?"

Donnie:
"Yeah, the whole cycle actually lasts for 28 days. I guess that's why most women are so f-----d all of the time, because every day of the month they're having some sort of hormone changes."

Me: (Same face)
Dead silence.

Me:
More silence (cue crickets chirping in the background)

Me still today:
Shocked and silent.

Really, what do you say to that? How is it that a well educated man, who's 35 with THREE children didn't know that? I blame the public school system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home