Mommy Nurse Wife and 25!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Happy but then sad

Last night was one of those nights I left the ED feeling really happy. I liked my job, I was thinking about how much I love being a nurse, and feeling really happy with how things are going.

Tonight is one of those nights I leave-no run from--the department and never want to show my face there again. It was so busy, with very sick (and might I add, heavy) patients. It was one of those nights when I felt I was just putting out fire after fire but not really taking great care of my patients. I hate that feeling.

So, alas, I sit here, exhausted and unable to go bed because I'm wired from work. I'm hungry but really don't want to eat because I'm on South Beach Phase One and the food is boring. I want to sleep but my insomnia is back in full force and I can't yet face tossing and turning for the next 4 hours. So I'll read my favorite blogs and hopefully eventually wind down. Maybe I need to pick up an after-work hobby. One of my nurse friend plays Diner Dash when she gets home, maybe I'll try that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home