Mommy Nurse Wife and 25!

Friday, July 21, 2006

26 and old

What a night! We went on diversion at around 1800 tonight and by the time I left (at 2300 on the dot!) we had two patients in the department. One was on his way out the door and the other on cocaine who had just threatened his neighbors (and neighbor's minivan) with a sword.

Oh yeah, and just so you all know. FOUR patients presented tonight within a hour of each other...All female, all with abd pain over their umbilicus, a "burning" in quality, with acute onset, all with nausea none with vomiting. Odd. Then later, four complains ear pain. What the heck is going on? Things are supposed to come in threes, not fours! Odd odd odd.

And by the way,

In 19 minutes it is officially my birthday. This year I turn 26. Everyone keeps saying "you're such a baby" and things like that but I'm feeling REALLY old this year. I think it's because I'm on the downward slide to 30. 25 is OK because you're only half-way there. Now I'm really on my way. Just feels different, you know? Usually birthdays just feel like another day for me, this one is feeling different. Don't like it.

10 Comments:

  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Too Fat 4 Ponies said…

    Enjoy it anyway!

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey,
    Wonder if process improvements are actually working....
    guess who.

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you Dear Cassy, Happy Birthday to you! I am one of the many people who are grateful for your birthday because it brought you into this world. You are a great mom, nurse, wife, and woman. I admire you both personally and professionally. You rock! :)You amaze me of what you have accomplished so far at such a young age. The best years are ahead of you Cassy!

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow at twenty six I was just like you: a mommy, nurse, wife! Had been married for five years with two kids and working full time (no part time back in those days....)

    Now 23 years later, I may feel like mush after a 12-hour shift, but the mind still thinks I'm 17. Now if I can just stop saying "Far Out!" I might seem my age! LOL!

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Susan Doran said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday, dear niece! I hope you had a wondrous day and inklings that this year will be filled with abundant adventures, love, joy, laughs galore, and many, many good things! 26 was a tricky bday for me too, for exactly the reason you mention, but you forget about it pretty quickly. Plus, think of it this way...40 is STILL a looooong way off for you (and speaking as one who already passed that # - even that isn't so bad, after all :) Much love, sweetie - hope to see you soon!
    xo
    Suse

     
  • At 2:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday! Injoy it. How old do you feel depends of your mood, if you are happy or not, on events which comprise your life. I wish to you feel 17 always, and feel happy, and be happy. Best wishes.

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home