Mommy Nurse Wife and 25!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Are you pregnant?

A patient asked me if I am pregnant last night. It seems to happen about once a month since I've had Sam. At first I was really upset by people asking me that, now I'm getting a bit better and not crying when it happens. The thing is, I'm petite. I am 4'10 5/8" and I weigh 129 lbs. There's not a lot of wiggle room in there for extra fat. If I gain 10 lbs it's like 40% of my bodyweight (right, that math's right huh? :)

And I do have a mommy belly. I keep telling myself that if that didn't exsist neither would my two little friends. But no matter how much I tell myself that I still feel like a horrible, fat, cow.

And I work out like crazy and eay well. I have a wicked sweet tooth which is really bad somedays and really OK others.

So here's why I am writing about this today. When will I ever be OK with my body? I keep waiting for the day when I wake up and feel OK in my own skin. It has been very altered from having 2 kids in 18 months, I know that, I just can't make myself feel that.

It bothers me so much that I have actually contacted plastic surgeons to see how much I need to save to pay for a tummy tuck. How crazy is that? For the amount of money it would cost we could take a family trip, buy a new car or a boat, or invest some money.

So there's no real story here, just me venting while Donnie's at the firehouse and both kids are sleeping. Because, God knows, I do not want to say this shit around my daughter and step-daughter because I tell them what beautiful women they are and to be proud of their bodies. I just wish I could believe it myself.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rebecca was 5 months old when someone asked me when the baby was due.

    I'm not petite.

    Rather depressing! LOL!

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Too Fat 4 Ponies said…

    I know. I'm a guy and I'm probably treading on unwelcome territory but I thought I would share anyway.

    I just finished taking Health Assessment where I was paired up with a 22 year old female (with no fat) for lab. Let me tell you I felt sooooo self conscious it wasn't funny. So I tried to make it funny. I got through it by saying stuff like, "for the first time in my life I am thankful for gynocomastia... otherwise we'd have NOTHING in common!

    I know. I'm weird.

    BTW... Sam is an excellent name for a child!

    Too Fat (is also a Sam)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home