Mommy Nurse Wife and 25!

Saturday, July 15, 2006

I need a good night of sleep

I am in the process of getting Lily tucked into bed right now. I am amazed every night when I put her to bed at what a professional staler she is at the young age of two. Tonight, here is the complete list of requests (and I promise that I am not exaggerating).

"I'm hungry, need grapes."
"I need juice."
"Need new water momma."
"Need medicine, teeth hurt."
"Lip hurts."
"Toe hurts, need band-aid."
"Me no like this shirt, need new shirt."
"My room too hot, need fan."
"No fan too big, need little fan."
"Need to kiss Grammy."
"Want to kiss Sammy."
"Kitty is looking at me under door."
"Need pink baby (pacifier)."
"I peed in diaper, need new diaper."

And wanna know the crazy thing, even though the needs change, this happens EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! And even crazier is that we do EVERYTHING she asks! Well, for about ten minutes, then we read three books, sing a song, listen to her snow globe, give kisses and stop listening to the requests. If we didn't, we would be up with her for hours trying to put her to bed.

But the best thing about tonight was this:
Lily is going through a phase where any time she gets any sort of injury she NEEDS a band-aid or she'll die on the spot from pain. So tonight, as I'm putting on her final band-aid of the night, on her non-injured toe I might add, she looks up at me and says, "Momma, no pick it."

What does that say about my picking fetish? I think I've gone too far...

5 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah man, how cute is this!

    They always have their bedtime routine at this age.

    I miss it.

    Enjoy it today, tomorrow they will graduate from high school....

    (sniff)

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there-

    I'm not sure how I stumbled upon your blog, but I thought I'd say hi. I'm also the mama of a potty-learning bedtime dragger-outer, also in Maine, also a nurse (well, in a year I will be). [[waves]] Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of us, but since I stopped by, I thought I ought to say hello. :)

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cassie, I laughed so hard reading this. I also have a professional staller (my son) and lately Molly has decided that she wants to be a nudist. Only at bedtime though, and only when she has pooped or has to pee...yeah that crib and the walls have been scrubbed several times this week. I'm seriously thinking about duct taping the diaper b/c everything else has failed. What would our lives be without our kids??? Hardly worth it at all if you ask me. I love reading your blogs!

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
    »

     
  • At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home