Mommy Nurse Wife and 25!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

GD Sudafed

Now I have that stinking cold that everyone else has. I am NOT a good sicky because all I do is whine. It's not even a bad cold, just annoying. Everytime I leaned over to start an IV my nose fountain would oven up and I'd be caught in that embarrassing dilemma...Let it drip or wipe it on my clean gloves.

So when I was sitting at the desk trying to pull off that snot-suck-up-the-nose maneuver the ED Doc said "You're not pregnant are you?" I replied with a quick, and very professional, "Fuck no" (in a quiet voice so no patients could hear, of course) she ran to her bag and brought me Sudafed. Now, let me tell you a little about me and Sudafed...it makes me a hyper crazy wired person. And for you out there that know my baseline, hyper/crazy/wired is a scary scary scary thought. For those who don't know me, I have a considerable amount of energy at any given time, and at my best am usually a bit wired and crazy.

Anyway, so now I'm at home with a perfectly clear nose and I am WiREd!!! I've already been laying in bed for an hour tossing and turning and cursing that G.D. Sudafed. So now, I've taken an Ativan and I'm patiently awaiting it to kick in. Once I'm done writing this I'm going to do some yoga and hopefully that will do the trick. If not, I'm off to clean my windows and vacuum. If I can't sleep everyone should be up, right :)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm right here with ya, baybee!

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    POOR DONNIE!! Ellen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home