Mommy Nurse Wife and 25!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Cows and money

I usually don't watch the news but for some reason this morning I happened to catch it. Man, is the news depressing. Stories about dead bodies being found and this person molesting that person, robberies, stabbings...just so sad and too much for my little heart to absorb.

But here's what really gets me right now, which is also the reason I can't stomach the news. My brother, Pat, is in Baghdad with the Army and I can't stand the thought that he is THERE! I see things blowing up left and right and horrible things happening and I keep thinking that Pat is seeing this shit right up close. He's in the thick of it. He is such a brave person I can't even comprehend what he has been doing over there. And this is his 2d tour!

Many of you know that I don't like to talk religion. Just causes too much fighting. If you really want to get in it with me then bring it up sometime, but be ready because I'm passionate about what I do believe in. I really don't care what other believe, as long as you believe in something. If you want to worship cows, chocolate pudding, Buddah, God, the weather, Dansko clogs, Tori Amos, water, or money...it's all cool to me. But what I'd like, is for anyone out there who can, please send a little love to my brother Pat through your higher power. I do every night when I go to bed and I can't get him out of my mind tonight. I feel like I'm on the verge of tears just thinking about how proud of him I am and what an amazing person he has turned out to be. And how truly scared I am for him being in the middle of this mess.

And Pat, I'm sure you're not reading this but if you are, keep up the good work. Like you told me on Saturday you've only got 120 more days to go...peice of cake brotha! I love you!

Two of the best men on Earth; Mike and Pat (AKA Brother 1984 version and Brother 1982 version)

6 Comments:

  • At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is amazing how much a like our lives are. I am 25 (will be 26 on 8/24/06) I have two children, one boy and one girl, and I am currently an LPN at a local rural critical care hospital. I am not religious, but I definetly send my best for your brothers safe return home. I love my job, however this week I am on vacation because I am just burnt out. Thank you for posting what I think almost everyday.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tell your terrific brother Pat that a whole LOT of us send him our love and are grateful for his service... those of us who pray are also praying for his safe return- along with all the rest of our forces.

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    May God bless him and all of our soldiers. I will keep them in my prayers. Stay strong and have faith.

     
  • At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not religious, and I wish you brother good luch with whole my heart. He's happy to have such loved brother like you/

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
    »

     
  • At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep up the good work »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home